Harsco Releases 2020 Environmental, Social & Governance Report
- Company now derives 82-percent of annual revenue from environmental solutions, up from 62-percent three years ago.
- Over 75-percent of waste and byproduct material processed annually is recycled or repurposed; 94-percent in new Clean Earth division.
- Company launched 29 new environmental solutions in 2020, an increase of nearly 32-percent from 2019.
- For first time ever, Company incorporates an ESG modifier in top 70 executives’ performance evaluations.
Harsco’s most comprehensive sustainability report to date provides a detailed look at its ESG focus areas, vision, strategy, values, code of conduct and governance structure. To read the full report, visit: www.harsco.com/sustainability.
“Our corporate vision to be a global leader of environmental solutions is fully intertwined with our ambition to be an ESG leader in the industry and is critical to successfully executing our ongoing growth strategy,” said
The 2020 Harsco ESG Report is informed by leading sustainability reporting standards, including the
Highlights of the report include:
Focus Areas and Goals
As part of its ESG strategy,
- Innovative Solutions
- Derive over 90-percent of annual revenue from its environmental solutions businesses.
- Recycle or repurpose more than 75-percent of the waste and byproduct material it processes annually.
- Thriving Environment
- Reduce the energy and carbon intensity of the Company’s operations 15-percent by 2025.
- Avoid more than 25 million tons of carbon emissions from its recycling and repurposing solutions from 2019 to 2025.
- Safe Workplaces
- Achieve a Total Recordable Incident Rate of less than 1.0 in 2021.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in its five-year safety record.
- Inspired People
- Enhance diversity and gender representation on the board and senior management team.
- Contribute over 10,000 hours of employee volunteer service to community organizations.
To meet the growing needs of its partners, the planet and our global society,
Harsco Environmental 2021 Priorities
- Increase proportion of mill services that provide environmental benefits to steel customers.
- Grow Applied Products and SteelPhalt businesses.
- Rebalance its portfolio to be more environmentally focused.
Clean Earth 2021 Priorities
- Focus on organic growth opportunities, including growing the new Fullcircle Advanced Waste Lifecycle Program, a concierge service that carefully and strategically analyzes waste before it even happens.
- Add treatment capabilities at existing transfer, storage and disposal facilities.
Executive Pay and ESG Performance
“Tying a portion of annual incentive compensation for our top 70 executives to our ESG performance is another demonstration of how seriously we are committed to making progress on our ESG goals while building a better future for our people and our planet,” Grasberger said.
Source: Harsco Corporation